Here are some screenshots. It is made with Python Flask, light weight and works really well.
It exports comments as json, which you can then use to load comments and regenerate the site.
This requires access to the server to run it and to access Hugo, so this will not work with pure web-hosting, sorry.
So far I have:
- Email confirmation of links, after being MX checked so the domain exists, sent in multi-mime
- Delete link in email to allow the user control over his data
- Checks against throw-away mails
- Bayesian anti-spam detection
- Allow and block mail addresses
- Dictionary for common smileys to be converted to Unicode smileys
- Strips html from any input
- Admin dashboard
- Gravatar with caching option
What does not (yet) work:
Let me know of your wishlist concerning such a feature and I can see what I can do about it.