E-commerce question (Flatmarket/Stripe/Gocommerce)

Flatmarket is an open source e-commerce solution (https://github.com/christophercliff/flatmarket). It sounds like what I am looking for but the last update was in 2016. Has anyone had any experience with this?

The other alternative I am looking at is Gocommerce with netlify -> and they use Stripe. However Stripe charges 2.9% + ~$0.30 which is not free, but is cheaper than Snipcart ($10 per month minimum).

My site will likely have low sales volume - I am mostly building it as proof of concept.

Any advice is welcome,

1 Like

It costs every retailer (including Stripe) to process a credit card charge, so it’s unlikely you’re not going to find a reputable service without a processing fee or monthly minimum. As noted here “the average cost for card-not-present businesses, such as online shops, is roughly 2.30% - 2.50%”. So even tho Stripe probably gets a massive discounted rate from the CC provider, they are not charging you a substantial amount more than what you would be paying otherwise (and they are dead simple). So if you’re trying to build and prove your concept it’s better to eat the processing fee than a monthly minimum considering you only pay once an order has been processed. Just my $0.02.