Site tags rendering as XML, not HTML

I’m working on my website (theme repo) and I’ve found that the tags in the tag cloud link to bare XML (looks a bit like an RSS feed for each tag?), rather than a nice HTML page. I kinda expected them to work more or less exactly the way Categories currently works.

Can anyone help me find a solution? The theme is originally Dream by g1eny0ung, to which I have made some changes, though it should be noted that the “tags as XML” problem exists on his original site, so it’s not something borked by my newbie code.

Links: original author’s site, with the same weird XML tags problem
Hugo Docs\Output Formats seems relevant, but having examined the code, I’m not sure where to make the necessary changes.

I saw someone else’s site structure and it’s apparent that my theme is not generating index.html for individual tags. Anyone know if there’s a flag or generic bit of code that needs to be present?

└── tags
    ├── index.html
    ├── index.xml
    ├── thisisatag
    │   ├── index.html <-- not generated
   │   └── index.xml

This template should not be empty:
https://github.com/Darthagnon/hugo-theme-dream/blob/master/layouts/tags/term.html

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! I’ve been doing some testing, and term.html is the problem. I had assumed it was blank for a reason from the original maintainer, but it’s the source of the problem. I’ll try and adapt the code from its brother, terms.html (not sure what the difference is, but hey).

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.