I am new to both the forum and Hugo.
Hugo is great.
But I need help with several things.
First of all :
- I know only basic html which is almost of no use.
- I do know tiny little amount of markdown however. [who doesn’t]
- When answering following questions if you can please point out where in Hugo’s documentation those solves are written, cause this way I might be able to learn something new and have a reference where I might be able to learn stuff I did not notice earlier
- Please try to give examples using markdown if possible
[if you give examples]
Here are my current questions : [There will be more in future ;)]
In college I was taught every website has an index page i.e: index.html
I want to be able to edit that page of my website using markdown
How do I do that ?
I am using the theme hugo-theme-hello-friend
I build this with just
But after building this example site, when I click on about menu it takes me to some kind of file browsing form, which lists an index.html file.
That HTML does contain the about page but this is not what I expected.
But when I browse using
hugo server -Dclicking on about takes me to the about page i.e: http://localhost:port/about/
This is the expected behavior and not the index.html I described.
Also could I make it http://site.com/about.html ? How?
I don’t want it to be http://site.com/about/index.html
I want it to be either http://site.com/about.html or http://site.com/about/ after building the site.
How can I do that?
It has about and showcase menu options which are defined in
[[menu.main]] identifier = "about" name = "About" url = "/about" [[menu.main]] identifier = "showcase" name = "Showcase" url = "/showcase"
- If I use HTML files then I would use some tag to link a page to another like this: Hugo
The problem is if this was an html then I could point to it.
But now I don’t know what to point to.
Cause the file I want to point to is a .md not .html
Hope you guys understood.
That’s all I have for now.
Please answer my questions.
Thanks for reading.