Holiday house website: which services to be provided?

Dear friends,

I’ve almost successfully completed the website of my to be holiday house. So far I’ve been using only AirBnb but from the next year I’d live to empower the whole thing using a website and accepting requests for the rent also via website.

My site is based on github+netlify.

Do you have any clue or suggestion or (better) some example to be inspired by to implement a calendar and a javascript system to request availability?

As far as I remember Airbnb allows to export externally the calendar with bookings.

Thank you for any help to come :slight_smile:

When we had only one tent to rent we used to use https://myreservationsystem.com

It is cheap and quite efficient for small number of properties to rent.
We Switch to a more sophisticated systèm then.

But there is ICS synchro and you Can use some free widget as a test

You Can check if It suits your needs.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer!

I’ll look into it

I update this topic because - after more than 8 months - I still couldn’t realize my holiday house website just because I cannot find any template that could fit to my needs.

Do you know any nice template that could fit to such a kind of website - also a paid one?

Free ones need too much effort to be adapted and because of not much spare time I find it hard to do so :frowning:

I created a website for our own AirBnb properties using Hugo and an additional system to manage bookings. https://www.thepalmflats.co.za/
It is basically using iframes for anything related to bookings. It works well.

Hi, you can utilize JavaScript libraries like Full Calendar or Day Pilot. You can also integrate Airbnb’s calendar export feature to sync bookings with your website’s calendar.

Hello @jacques_honore. Could you please let me know which theme you used as a base? I am trying to create a website just like yours for my STR and can’t find a theme that works

@tofurkey I bought an HTML theme on Theme Forest called “THE CAPPA

Then I imported the theme myself into Hugo.

Thanks, @jacques_honore . I noticed that the CAPPA theme doesn’t seem to have smooth scrolling. Did you add it yourself? Also, I am a noob when it comes to front end (more of a backend guy). Is there a link that can show me how to import an HTML theme to Hugo? Thanks so much for your help

@tofurkey I actually didn’t change anything on this theme. So the scrolling was there with the theme when I bought it. I followed a youtube tutorial to go from the HTML/CSS/JS files to a hugo site. It is not a brain smash but you have to dig into it.
Basically I :

1. moved all the statics files in the static folder of Hugo

2. Splitted the HTML code into all the _default and partials in the layout folder

3. Added the main HTML content onto my _index.html page

It is at the end almost a hardcoded website which is using some of Hugo magic to ease the process.
I am actually starting my side gig doing this if you are interested I can help.

Thanks @jacques_honore . I would love to connect with you about your side gig. Can I reach out to you using your website https://www.thepalmflats.co.za/ ?

Yes you can do so. You can use whatsapp if you want then Amina will direct you to my number.

Thanks, @jacques_honore . I just did. Look forward to hearing back from you