After months of development, I’m finally confident enough to showcase my 14th iterated theme module (2nd releasable module) for everyone to experience. Please enjoy and provides some feedbacks:
What’s So Special about This Module
Basically, I overdrive Hugo to be a full-scale compiler and took over many of the Hugo’s offered roles (e.g. multiple output formats, i18n, prohibited shortcodes & replaced with Hestia macro), and etc solely for consistent input data. So Hugo only do the following:
- Is a precise asset and content compiler - only parse used UI components’ CSS variables (including updating user provided values), CSS codes, JS codes and embed into the HTML file.
- acts as a simultaneous JSON data file server.
sitemap.xmlstrategy - instead of hard-limiting into 1 file (which has hard limits).
- Open-Graph + Twitter ready.
- Directory-driven data and configurations files.
- Each page is its own canvas.
- Also provides built-in UI components (In the showcase, it’s only HTML+CSS-only).
More info at: ZORALab's Hestia for Hugo
Why Develop Such Complex Theme
Basically, for front-end hosting WASM implementations in Phase 2 of the development. Hugo was tested and chosen because of its feature richness. Phase 1 was to make sure Hugo is capable of catering the following use cases:
- HTML + CSS only = noJS SEO static contents (HestiaUI Specifications).
- HTML + CSS + JS = usual static web contents.
- HTML + WASM = having Go/Rust to take over CSS and JS role.
PWA is enabled mainly for offline capability but it also solved those icons and favicons generator dependencies in 1 shot.
I’ll tidy up the module and release version
v0.1.0 only with HestiaHUGO (not now, hopefully before Jan 15). Some features I intend to include are:
- Commercial elements (e.g. AdSense, Stripe, etc) so that user can use the module for building commerce based items.
- Finally decide what to deal with
404.html(having trouble deciding fallback strategy with its language-specific redirect capability).
- Translate contents to zh-Hans to test out its i18n features.
Then I’ll enter Phase 2 which is to continue developing hestiaGO and hestiaRUST for full WASM takes over.
Please Star on GitHub
If you like what I had develop, please help me out by starring my project here:
For those that are curious:
- Module is in
- The backend documents are in
- Its data processing data system is at
Feedback are greatly appreciated.
Yes, I mean it. Apache 2.0. No dirty tricks or whatever. =)
Site-note: thanks hugo dev team for making such a powerful compiler.
Thank you for your time. Merry Christmas!