Mainroad theme - categories and tags links not working

I am using the mainroad theme and everything was going well. But then I noticed that the links to the tags and categories go to blank pages. I am not sure what I need to do to fix it - I have looked through the the various theme files but cannot resolve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Live version: Imageless Thought

I am making the switch to Hugo from Jekyll.

I’m no expert, but it looks like your summary template has no code—it’s just a HTML comment.

Have a look at the example docs for ideas on what you could put in there:

1 Like

I am having trouble getting a home page to NOT use the summary template - I do not want it to show all the posts on the home page and the only way I could get it to stop was to blank the summary.html layout. For all other pages I can just choose an alt layout but not the main index - it ignores the layout I specify in the front matter.

This did create the issue I experienced with the tags and categroeis - the posts have to use summary.html to work with tags and categories.

Not sure why it will not accept an alt template for the home page, /index.html but I will need to find a way to work around that.

I’d like to understand the summary.html config better so I can create multiple tag and category pages for different collections, I have posts and documents for example. If anyone has any info they can share I would appreciate it.

This is where your homepage renders the ‘summary’. If you don’t want anything about recent posts on your homepage, you probably want to remove lines 8-21.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.