Hugo is using single.html instead of list.html

Hello,

I have a section with blog posts which works fine for showing all my blog posts in a list, but I also have another page for press releases which I want the same behavior for but for some reason it’s using the single.html template and only showing one post at a time instead of showing all the posts using the list.html template and I can’t figure out why.

My folder structure is like this
content/press/ in here I have _index.md only for setting the title of my press release page, this folder also contains my press release posts.
layouts/press/ in here I have both list.html and single.html

When navigating to /press/ I am only getting one post and the page title is from that blog post.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

Please share a link to the site’s source, so we can clone and run it for ourselves. I don’t know how else we can determine why your templates are loading in that order.

I got it working, not sure what I did but it works fine now :slight_smile:
Thanks anyway.

There’s one more thing I’m not getting quite right though, I’ve seen a few posts about it but nothing that really helps.
The :active css selector on <a> tags does not seem to work and I don’t quite understand why they wouldn’t, any insight? Thanks.

Are you sure the :active pseudoclass is the one that applies and not, say, :focus?

Another possibility has to do with this note on MDN:

Styles defined by the :active pseudo-class will be overridden by any subsequent link-related pseudo-class (:link, :hover, or :visited) that has at least equal specificity. To style links appropriately, put the :active rule after all other link-related rules, as defined by the LVHA-order: :link:visited:hover:active.

Yea, checked all that, got that working now as well after ripping a few hairs out, thanks anyway :slight_smile: