This file has been truncated. show original
# Contributing to Hugo
We welcome contributions to Hugo of any kind including documentation, themes,
organization, tutorials, blog posts, bug reports, issues, feature requests,
feature implementations, pull requests, answering questions on the forum,
helping to manage issues, etc.
The Hugo community and maintainers are [very active](https://github.com/gohugoio/hugo/pulse/monthly) and helpful, and the project benefits greatly from this activity. We created a [step by step guide](https://gohugo.io/tutorials/how-to-contribute-to-hugo/) if you're unfamiliar with GitHub or contributing to open source projects in general.
*Note that this repository only contains the actual source code of Hugo. For **only** documentation-related pull requests / issues please refer to the [hugoDocs](https://github.com/gohugoio/hugoDocs) repository.*
*Changes to the codebase **and** related documentation, e.g. for a new feature, should still use a single pull request.*
## Table of Contents
* [Asking Support Questions](#asking-support-questions)
* [Reporting Issues](#reporting-issues)
* [Submitting Patches](#submitting-patches)
* [Code Contribution Guidelines](#code-contribution-guidelines)
* [Git Commit Message Guidelines](#git-commit-message-guidelines)