How to change the primary color in hugo serif theme

Hi to all the community.
I´m new working with Hugo and I´m building a new website using hugo serif theme. I´m trying to change the primary color of the theme from blue to violet, and when I go to /hugo-serif-theme/scss/_bootstrap-variables.scss. and change the primary color variable, it doesn´t change anything. What I´m doing wrong?

Are you using the latest Hugo version? The Serif Theme is using Hugo’s Asset Pipeline which was introduced with 0.43 - and it needs the extended version. I just checked the theme and it’s working.

Hope this helps.

This is in the version I´m using right now:
Hugo Static Site Generator v0.53-8FC339DC2529FF77E494A1C12CD1FF9FBCB880A4 windows/amd64 BuildDate: 2018-12-24T08:26:16Z

That’s the latest - should work. I’m using the same and tested the Theme. So might be something in your setup.

@marcosluis2186 Per your version above, I don’t think you’re using the extended version, but that’s what you need.

Oh ya, @zwbetz is right - overlooked that you’re on Windows and not using the extended version. Sorry.

So, Do I need to develop my website on Linux to work with the last version? No problem, then. Thanks for the quick response.

No. Just download the Windows Extended version from https://github.com/gohugoio/hugo/releases

It’ll be named hugo_extended_0.53_Windows-64bit.zip

2 Likes

Ok. I will do it now. Thanks again.

@zwbetz @Leo_Merkel I´ve done what you said and it worked perfectly. Yes, I need the extended version to work on all these changes. Thanks again for the quick response. Please, let me know how I could help you in the near future.

1 Like

Am glad you got things working :+1:

Feel free to help us answer questions on this forum :wink:

1 Like

Yes, that will be my way to give back.