Help with Book Template Feed

I’ve attempted to contact the creator but to no avail.

I an attempting to mimick the demo example, but when I download the book-master folder, and run it as a normal template, the bolded headings which I have highlighted turn into

Docs \ Example Site

and I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am not good with this stuff, I just know how to compile; if anyone was able to help me out I’d appreciate it a ton.

Hi there,

I’m not sure what you are doing wrong either. Do you have your code somewhere we can have a look at? Have a read about Requesting Help to see what information we need to be able to help you.

It is literally 1:1 from the .zip file on the GitHub.

I followed the GitHub instructions exactly, had a friend do it and had same result.

The repo I linked is the one I cloned from, as per the instructions there. I’m just hosting it locally as I don’t want to upload it as-is, due to the error above.

Hugo Static Site Generator v0.63.1/extended windows/amd64 BuildDate: unknown
GOOS="windows"
GOARCH="amd64"
GOVERSION="go1.13.4"

git version 2.25.0.windows.1

If anyone can help let me know. Have tried to find how to contact the author but there’s nothing at all, and have asked several people on another forum to no avail. All I want is for the headers to not have "Docs " in them.

So I’ve had a look at the theme you linked to and I used the exampleSite folder they included. I am unable to replicate your issue. Outside of one sample post, I don’t see “Docs” referenced anywhere in the theme.

This means that something in your site or in changes you made or in your configuration is triggering this behaviour.

We cannot help you if we cannot replicate your issue.

We cannot replicate your issue if we don’t see the whole context of your site.

Please read Requesting Help .

Your website outputs normally without Docs? Docs is a folder in the main root directory of the GitHub files, the master theme for Book. Would a video help from start to finish?

I get the same output as the theme demo. A video does not help. Please read Requesting Help to see what actually would.

You might be better off trying to ask your questions directly on the theme repo issue tracker.