I am brand new to Hugo and it seems that my generated page is empty. Here’s what I have tried so far:
- I’ve read the documentation and watched the intro video.
- My site seems to generate fine after
hugo site new .
- I see my site structure so I create a post.
hugo new post/welcome.mdIndeed that page gets created.
- I then edit the page above to get rid of the draft status and put in some content.
- Then I run the server:
hugo server -w.
- I see this as the output:
0 draft content 0 future content 1 pages created 0 paginator pages created 0 tags created 0 categories created in 8 ms Watching for changes in /Users/danny/Sites/experiments/hugo/content Serving pages from /Users/danny/Sites/experiments/hugo/public Web Server is available at http://localhost:1313/
I then go the URL but see nothing. I look in the code and see index.html at
/public/post/welcome/index.html but it is empty, no code within. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
This is my config.toml file:
baseurl = "http://localhost:1313/" contentdir = "content" layoutdir = "layouts" publishdir = "public" languageCode = "en-us" title = "My New Hugo Site"