Error resolving partial from theme; worked before

When I try to generate my project, hugo complains that it can’t find a partial that is in the theme.

ERROR 2022/06/26 23:07:17 render of "section" failed: "/Users/x/Documents/Projects/melisa/melisaretreat-src/layouts/_default/baseof.html:10:3": execute of template failed: template: blog/list.html:10:3: executing "blog/list.html" at <partial "meta.html" .>: error calling partial: partial "meta.html" not found
Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: render of "home" failed: "/Users/x/Documents/Projects/melisa/melisaretreat-src/layouts/_default/baseof.html:10:3": execute of template failed: template: index.html:10:3: executing "index.html" at <partial "meta.html" .>: error calling partial: partial "meta.html" not found

layouts/_defaults/baseof.html is a customised version of the file from the theme (hugo_zen) and if I remove it (to use the theme version), project builds fine.
The same error appears if I change my copy of baseof.html to one identical with the theme.

When I’ve build it the last time, early June, it worked fine. I’ve used the same version of hugo (0.100.1, just like the generator tag on the page) but I’m not sure about golang version.

Tried to copy the partial mentioned the error from the theme to my project, but of course, hugo just complains about another partial…

This is my project:

What just happened?

cc @frjo

Works perfectly when I clone the repo and run “hugo”.

Sounds like you have some issues loading go modules on your system.

Thank you for looking into this. I’ll check it out