Can't get _index.md to impact my section

I added the _index.md and _index.en.md files to my section content in content/createurs. Unfortunately, I can’t get them to control the page baseurl.com/createurs. For example, I assigned slug = creators in the _index.en.md file, and the page is still found at baseurl.com/en/createurs. Is there something I need to activate in my config.toml? I can give link to the repo if you have time to take a look :slight_smile: Thanks a lot !

You need to configure permalinks in your config, at least. A linke would be helpful.

Here is the link to the repo: https://github.com/felixdb/localc
You will see that, because I couldn’t use _index.md, I created some createurs.md outside of the folder to manage the front matter of this page.
My permalinks aren’t specified in my config, usually I’m just building with filename, slug or url… I’m not sure to understand what I should add in the config.toml since I’m using basic structure. Thanks for your time @bep :slight_smile:

Couple things that might help from a quick glance at your source:

1. You’re root content folder is getting cluttered; if you want URLs at the root, is recommend creating a singles (or singletons or pages or whatever you prefer) and putting all the sort of one-off pages in there. Then configure the permalinks in your config file to remove the “singles” from the output URL. (Putting slugs/URLs in every front matter is too tedious.)
  2. Keep in mind that _index.md renders according to a list template and not any if your single.html.

A link to a repository which does not show the actual problem isn’t helping me helping you.

Hi, I’m sorry for that @bep, here’s what I would like some help with (I made some small changes, thanks to @rdwatters) :
You can see in my content/createurs, I created _index.md and _index.en.md, which are both rendered by my layouts/createurs/list.html
However, looks like the page baseurl/createurs is not taking into account my _index.md file, since you can see the output here. According to my layouts/createurs/list.html, it should output List {{.Title}}. In that case, in doesn’t output the Title I set in the frontmatter. Any thoughts?