Building pages from data (single layout)

I followed this tutorial

1. but I cannot get the single.html file to work, while the list.html file does. Both are placed inside themes/theme-name/layouts/health folder. Is there anything I need to do to make the single.html file to work?
$ hugo env
hugo v0.109.0-47b12b83e636224e5e601813ff3e6790c191e371+extended windows/amd64 BuildDate=2022-12-23T10:38:11Z VendorInfo=gohugoio
GOOS="windows"
GOARCH="amd64"
GOVERSION="go1.19.2"
github.com/sass/libsass="3.6.5"
github.com/webmproject/libwebp="v1.2.4"
  1. How do I change the title of the mounted section? Can an _index.md be placed in there?

cc @regis

Hi @steppa. I’m not sure, can’t say without seeing your single.html file or even better the repo.

Yes you can add an _index.md in your main project’s folder. (Rather than the remote one)

PS: There was a formating issue on this article. I fixed that.

It is nothing special. But the imported files default to the one inside the _default folder. I made a copy of it and edited it to include the data in the front matter then put it in layouts/health folder (replacing monsters with health for testing purposes).

Since the content is mounted, how do I do that, since in content, that folder does not exist?

So you’re saying hugo does use layouts/heatlh/list.html for the mounted files list template but not layouts/health/single.html?

You can go ahead and create the folder in your main project with the _index.md in it. Any existing files in there will cohabit with the mounted ones.

Yes, for the individual pages. (Edit: I cascaded the layout and it works now)

This worked.

@regis are the pages supposed to be wrapped in --- for YAML?

the front matter should be in the markdown file yes…

---
title: Hello
authors: Me
---
My body content... 

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.