Working calendar partial?

Hi, is there a working example code for the partial suggested by @rwi ? I am trying to follow the blog from here to add this to the hugo-theme-docdock, and facing a lot of errors.

Edit- Following @alexandros 's post , I cloned hyde theme, created a dummy exampleSite in it and made all the code changes suggested in this blog. But, I am not even getting to the point where it displays anything. I just keep getting type casting exception.

ERROR 2019/03/24 01:36:35 Failed to render pages: render of "taxonomyTerm" failed: execute of template failed: template: _default/terms.html:2:3: executing "_default/terms.html" at <partial "calendar" (...>: error calling partial: "/Users/codersarcuser1/git/hyde/layouts/partials/calendar.html:13:80": execute of template failed: template: partials/calendar.html:35:7: executing "partials/calendar.html" at <partialCached "calen...>: error calling partialCached: "/Users/codersarcuser1/git/hyde/layouts/partials/calendar/year.html:13:80": execute of template failed: template: partials/calendar/year.html:13:80: executing "partials/calendar/year.html" at <string $year>: error calling string: unable to cast []int64{2018} of type []int64 to string

Here is the github repo, if anyone would like to see all the code changes in one place

I am not so much aware of the templating functions of go , so I apologize if this is something really minor and I have no clue about how to fix it.
Any help will be nice.
Thanks

Anyone ?