Unable to add publications

Hi,

I am new to Hugo and have used the following command to add publications as well as posts, however, I am unable to add any of them and the site does not build.

Hugo Version : Hugo Static Site Generator v0.74.2-48565DE6/extended linux/amd64 BuildDate: 2020-07-17T17:32:27Z

Commands I am using :
hugo new --kind post post/my-article-name
hugo new publication/my-paper-name.md
Both of them generated same issue that is site wasn’t building.
Any help would be appreciated.

When you say that site is not building, what do you mean by that?

• What command are you using to build the site?
  • What is the error you are getting when you are trying to build the site?

Hi Shashank,

this is the screenshot of the error I am facing. I am unable to understand why it happens. If i delete the post or publication .md file, the site builds again. I think it is not getting the path of the template but I am unable to understand why

Please post a link to the public repository for your site. See:
https://discourse.gohugo.io/t/requesting-help/9132

Include a link to the source code repository of your project, because we really need the context of seeing your templates and partials to be able to help you. It is trivial to do a quick git clone on your repo, then run hugo server in your project, to help you out. On the other hand, recreating your code from screenshots, or sort of guessing at it, is not.

If you can’t share your repository for whatever reason, consider creating a dummy repo that you can share, which reproduces the problem you’re experiencing.

1 Like

Hi @jmooring,

I seem to have figured out the solution by myself. Thanks alot for the response though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello iriya,

How you manage to do that? Share with me as well, please.

@tiwarias

Please see:
https://discourse.gohugo.io/t/requesting-help/9132

We discourage reviving old topics because people who participated in those discussions of yesteryear are usually not here anymore and they rarely reply to questions. It is best to open a new topic rather than bumping an old one.

Please open a new topic.