Store for Hugo website

With this version ( 0.120.3 ) it works , thank you so much for your great work and your help.

1 Like

Hi @jhvanderschee

I have looked into the code and would like to use it in two project, but got a question.

Assume, that order details, cart information, QTY, options (variations) are sent to PayPal and for a seller, paypal will send email what was ordered? Am I right.

Could you share screenshots how this is passed to paypal, how the email from paypal look.

I just want to know if there is any lost in informations or all what is in cart will be passed through?

Thanks.

Good thinking/analyzing… this is exactly what I struggled with. I am sending the cart as an email to the store owner. I am registering an order number and I store it in localStorage. Then I am sending the visitor to the paypal page and I collect the order number with:

var ordernumber = localStorage.getItem('ordernumber');

The payment amount and the ordernumber are sent to Paypal. This means that you have to match the order to the payment manually.

Thanks.

And how you sorted sending emails?

I am using Netlify, hence will need to have this sorted in some kind of form to trigger email.

Also, are you sending before payment or after payment?

I send before payment. I use a form handling from a form handling service like netlify.

1 Like