Something changed and now my content/post are not rendered at /

I’ve been using Hugo for a few years now, and only recently have I updated to a newer version (or more precisely installed it on a new machine), but it seems that something was changed and now all of my posts under content/post are being only displayed in /post. The root url / now only displays one thing, and that is a link to /post, and the same link also now gets returned by

{{ $posts := first $num_recent_posts (where .Site.Pages "Section" "in" .Site.Params.mainSections) }}

I’ve checked the docs and it seems that this is to be expected, since the structure of the website should mimic the structure of the content? But it seems that this is something that must have changed.

I’m not sure if I’m just using an outdated template, or if there is some simple configuration option that I can change to make the content/post directory become the root of the site?

Hi there,

There have been a lot of changes to Hugo. Some of these changes may be considered breaking, depending on what version of Hugo you were previously using vs the version you updated to.

I would suggest trying .Site.RegularPages: https://gohugo.io/variables/page/#pages-compared-to-sitepages

and if this doesn’t help, have a read about Requesting Help to see how to make it easier to get help.

1 Like