Root shows v0.36 while subdirectories show v0.32.4

root shows

<meta name="generator" content="Hugo 0.36" />

/post/ directory has

<meta name="generator" content="Hugo 0.32.4" />

You can check the site at https://nonumeross.github.io

I guess is ‘normal’ to have it, as long as different versions generated it, but I would expect root to take over, but it didn’t

What’s the point then to have

hugo -t <theme> --buildDrafts

I don’t know the language, but isn’t it possible to have an if else construct to show an error when a site is generated, with a different hugo version?

Just asking

One thing that needs to be understood though is that in Hugo only items in /content will ever generate urls (some directly, some through metadata like taxonomies). Layouts are a tool to be used by the content, but not content in and of themselves.

Source:

I don’t see mismatched versions on your site. I am guessing it was a caching issue, possibly in your browser.

I see the version mismatch. I would suggest you delete public and do a new build, and I think it should be clearer what’s happenin.g

interesting.

Maiki. I can’t see mismatched versions. What hugo version do you see?

Just do as Bjørn suggests:

It is obviously a caching issue, and those are easy to fix; just clear all the caches. The Hugo version doesn’t really matter, as long as your content is showing correctly. So if you don’t see a mismatch, please consider it fixed and move along. :slight_smile:

thank you @bep

So you are saying that it should go through

I’m only saying this, because the last time I had to remove the repository altogether and start from scratch again

@maiki easy to fix ? is there a magic wand that you use and I’m unaware of ? please, share your knowledge.

So your are saying keep using an outdated version, as long as the content is showing, that’s what you recommend to anyone who has the similar issue.

@maiki I misspelled the above post , it should have been I can see mismatched versions

I’m going to close this thread now. I gave you some advice. Please try that if you want. I know what I’m talking about. I’m probably the person in the world who knows most about Hugo.