Lyra search for Hugo

Hi,

I created a Github repository to share the simplest search engine (and yet powerful and lightweight) for Hugo via (Lyra search, becoming Orama).

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Hi, do you have any experience or subjective opinion about the performance/search results of Lyra compared to other search engines used with hugo, for example Lunr?

Hi, I have no comparison yet.
But I tried Lyra for lightweight and yet powerful full text search.

Lunr is slow and consumes a lot of memory.

I’ll try Flexsearch soon: GitHub - nextapps-de/flexsearch: Next-Generation full text search library for Browser and Node.js

Have a look a fuse: GitHub - zwbetz-gh/hugo-client-side-search-template: A lightweight, fuzzy, client-side search template for Hugo
by @zwbetz

And Pagefind: https://pagefind.app/

I like Flexsearch and have built in support for it in my Zen theme. For smaller datasets it is fast and stable. Not tested it on large data sets.

1 Like

Thanks, I wanted to do a hugo integration of pagefind but haven’t had the time for it yet. I’ll soon need to add search for a doc site with several hundreds of pages, so I’ll need something that’s better than lunr.

Rewrote as a module to improve Lighthouse score.

I found this to be a very good and simple solution for my search needs. But I did some edits to make it work with multilingual versions of my site. It seems all the search solutions on this forum need to be duplicated to achieve this.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.