Integrate external sources and improve content reuse in Hugo documentation website

Hello,

I head up a small team that uses Hugo to document our Fintech applications. We’re looking for a Hugo developer to improve the automation of our documentation workflows.

The specific areas we need you to focus on include:

• Pull in content from external sources to update Hugo files: Sources are properties files in JSON / YAML, Confluence pages, and JIRA tickets.
  • Reuse content: Use shortcode/partials wizardry to enable one file to draw in changes made in another. To avoid having to copy/paste the same content.
  • Extend an existing Python script that checks for changes in the Fintech application’s code and makes the corresponding updates in the Hugo doc for that item.
  • Improve the Pandoc template we use to generate PDFs from a portion of the Hugo project.

Beyond Hugo, you can also tackle these broader tasks:

• Tighten the integration between the APIs we use in our doc feedback process: Hypothesis (Chrome extension), JIRA, and Slack APIs.
  • Implement search across our entire documentation website which comprises around 20 separate Hugo-generated projects.

If you can help with all this, I’d welcome the chance to chat with you and explain in more detail. DM or email.

Many thanks.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for choosing Hugo for your documentation project.

With 7 years of Hugo websites development experience I can do all the tasks you have for this project.

• External source content pulling will require some non-Hugo work. I will get this done as well. once the data is fetched in JSON, Hugo will do it’s magic
  • shortcode data fetching will again have to resort to some non-Hugo magic. I will get this done.
  • I know python but will have to revisit it for this project. I will be able to adapt to this requirement
  • I have worked on a Pandoc project before but not for PDF manipulation. I will figure this out.
  • I know PHP, Java and Go. I’ll understand and find the API integration solution
  • Search will be made coherent by in-Hugo or other options like Apache Solr

Let us connect over chat to discuss more. I’m available at 1000-1800 IST under normal work hours but can adapt for meetings in other time slots after prior notification.

Contact me

You may contact me using either:

• email: vyom@vyom.site
  • telegram : panchtatvam

Why me ?

• Experienced Hugo developer
  • Knows PHP, Go, Java, Python
  • Fast worker
  • Competitive price
  • Regular work updates

My info

I am also available at Upwork

Please feel free to ask any questions.
Looking forward for your response.

Thank you
Akash Kumar Sharma
Delhi, Bharat

Hello @panchtatvam
Thanks for your response. I’ll contact you to discuss.

1 Like

Thank you. I look forward to it.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.