Hugoplate: A Starter Template built with Hugo & TailwindCSS

Hey everyone,
I’ve got something awesome to share with you all! If you’re into building websites with Hugo and Tailwind CSS, you’re gonna love this. Check out Hugoplate, a completely free starter template for Hugo. Why is it so great? because it provides almost everything you need to jumpstart your Hugo project.

Just take a look at the key features:

• Multi-author support
  • Multilingual support
  • Similar posts suggestion
  • Search functionality
  • Dark mode
  • Tags and categories
  • Netlify settings pre-configured
  • Disqus comments
  • Syntax highlighting
  • And more!

Sounds awesome, right? Well, there’s even more to discover! Check it out and see for yourself.

:point_right: Github
:point_right: Demo

We hope you enjoy using Hugoplate as much as we enjoyed creating it. If you’ve got any feedback for us, we’d love to hear it.

7 Likes

Looks nice and I love the testimonials on the demo site! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment. If you have any feedback for us, please don’t hesitate to share it. :blush:

Great job on this. I am very impressed.

2 Likes

Thank you. @devsr-gt

Fantastic work Farhad, Mashallah

3 Likes

Thanks team for making amazing open source boiler plate for the community . Also I saw @jhvanderschee created a new version with our theme called hugo bricks . Love to see how people are loving Hugoplate :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have done a terrific job Farhad! Hugoplate is absolutely awesome!

2 Likes

It was a team work . The main magic man is @somratpro (our lead developer)

3 Likes

I really love this theme! Thanks for building it.

Where do I find the theme documentation? I’d love to know what options I can use for the front matter to customize my website based on your theme. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for your nice words. Please check this link for documentation. If you face any issues please feel free to create issue in github.

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I’ve indeed gone through the documentation at the link you provided, but I am looking for template-specific options related documentation. Something like this (for another Hugo template: Theme Documentation - Basics - DoIt)

Is there something like this, that I can refer to? Thank you!

Hey @iamsridhar,
Till now, we don’t have full documentation for this template. But we did explain how to set up this template for your project. Since it’s a starter template, and most of the template users are developers, I don’t think we need that much detailed docs for it. Because developers know how to deal with Hugo.

1 Like

@Md_Farhad_Hossen Thanks so much for sharing! It’s a great theme, with a very clean design. And really easy to set up! I’m new to Tailwind and Hugo, so decided to start with your theme and learn for a personal project.

One question I had was your reason for using Tailwind Boostrap Grid rather than just going with straight Tailwind?

Hey @mei.yoshida, there is no specific reason, but I prefer flex instead of the grid, and the tailwind-bootstrap-grid provides me this functionality. since it’s a tailwind plugin, it doesn’t apply any extra CSS.

The gallery feature looks good !!!

1 Like

The response to Hugoplate has been incredible! It has garnered 300+ stars on GitHub in a short amount of time. Thank you all for your support.

1 Like

Great work, and congratulations on its success! However, it does raise a question: given that the Sass project has reached the point at which it says it can deprecate @import (although it appears that process will still be dragged out), do you have a suggested workaround in mind for its use throughout?

Edit: Disregard. I see now that, as long as one plans for putting each @use in the right place (i.e., @use must be used before other rules), it works, too.

2 Likes

Glad you figured it out. And thanks for the kind words.
I’d still love to hear if you have any other findings. It’s always valuable to get the community’s feedback.

Very nice!

1 Like