Hugo has some real usability issues... Let's address them

TBH, I like it now than the beginning, but far from loving it. My case was a simple blog. I will see in future when I try to add an e-commerce shop if the frustration will be less.

And this is a glaring problem. Cue this example of me looking for “subsection” only to find it is called “nested section”.

Someone mentioned how the documentation is scattered across different sections. Hence, a need for a new approach to documentation. Last I checked, the small team Hugo has (mainly volunteers) means such issues are always put in the back-burner.

I have spent hours in this forum and these instances come up several times, but the moderators have been more aggressive in recent years than in the past when the community was small.

I tried Hugo for the fast build speeds, otherwise, I had no problem with Jekyll per se. But it being a single binary is also something I like. Perhaps the more I interact with it, I might find other things I like. The documentation is what I hate the most and also having to result to trial and error to get things done.

Just a note

2 Likes