How to set module version number for a custom Hugo theme?

I have a custom Hugo theme and I’ve successfully made it installable as a module, but I can’t figure out how to specify the version number; the hugo documentation for creating new themes and using modules doesn’t provide this level of detail. I think this is probably a Go module thing that I’m not understanding, but I’m having trouble finding relevant documentation about how or where I actually set the version. I have a tagged version of my theme on github, and I can install it with that tag, but when I install from the tag it’s listed as version 0.0.0. with a date and checksum (v0.0.0-20230922221158-1d507bee139f).

I’ve looked at some of the example hugo module themes, but I can’t figure out where this version number is specified.

What is the tag name of your theme? You will need to tag it with a v in front of the semver, probably.

I use semver but usually use numeric tags on github. I created an alias of my numeric 1.0.3 with a v1.0.3 earlier and thought it didn’t make a difference, but I see now that it is working. So I just have to tag with a v in front of the semver number in future to allow the version to be picked up?

Thanks for responding.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.