How to change the path of the homepage?

Hi community,

I’d like to have the homepage of my blog lay at /blog/index.html, while having all the slugs starts at /. I first started using domain.tld/blog as site domain in the config.toml, but that led me to have /blog/section/post for the posts URLs, which is not what I’m looking for.
So I removed that, and now the homepage lies at /index.html.

Then my question is whether I can create a /blog/index.html page that will list all posts exactly like the homepage would do, and how can I do that? Simply said, a site tree like the following:

• domain.tld/index.htmldomain.tld/blog/index.html for the homepage
  • domain.tld/<SECTION> for the sections
  • domain.tld/<SECTION>/<POST>/ for the posts

I have looked through the discuss forum and found a few questions that were close:

① adding a /layouts/_default/blog/list.html

bot all those solutions are based on the fact that all my blog posts are in the /blog section. So that would lead me to a tree like:

• domain.tld/blog/index.html
  • domain.tld/blog/<SECTION>/
  • domain.tld/blog/<SECTION>/<POST>

which is not what I’m looking for…

https://discuss.gohugo.io/t/question-about-creating-a-blog-link-in-hugo/3499

where it redirects to an interesting tutorial, but still it’s not answering my usecase. There it tells how to create other pages that offer content (like about page} not a simple copy of /index.html in another path.

I’m still rather new to the way hugo works, and even though everything went very smoothly in converting my blog, that last bit, which I thought would be quite trivial, has been hurting me for a while now…

Cheers!

Following up on ①, I eventually hacked it so it list.html renders .Site.Pages, but to have the /blog section visible, I need to create a content entry within it, adding a bogus entry in the Pages…
I guess I could use a where filter on .Site.Pages to make that bogus post invisible, but it feels really hackish and dirty to have a bogus page that will still be published, even if not referenced by the listings…

So the currently hacked solution is as follows:

• index.html contains a meta-refresh to /blog
  • content/blog/bogus.md contains post: ignore in the yaml
  • layouts/blog/list.html contains:
{{ partial "header" . }}
<div class="container clearfix">
    <main role="main" class="content">
        {{ $paginator := .Paginate (where .Site.Pages "Type" "!=" "ignore") }}
        {{ range $paginator.Pages }}
            {{ .Render "summary" }}
        {{ end }}
        {{ partial "pagination" . }}
    </main>

{{ partial "author" . }}
</div>
{{ partial "footer" . }}

and the generated output creates:

• /blog/bogus/index.html that contains no content…

there should be a better, cleaner way to achieve something like that!