I am organising an event (more or less a mountain trek) and would like to create a hugo-based website for it. I have almost no website experience and the only site I ever built with hugo is my own, based on Academic.
What I need for this site is:
- A large banner with a cool image on top, to catch the reader’s attention
- A drop down menu (or similar) for viewing archived past occurrences of the same event
- The possibility to insert google maps / leaflet widget(s), maybe even with the ability to insert the path that will be taken by the attendees
- A very simple schedule
- No need for full blog-style pages, but an “updates” section might be useful
- Contacts, share etc.
- Reactive (phone/desktop)
- A form for subscribing (free: something built-in, mail form or link to google forms?)
- Section for organisational details (rules, what to bring, etc.)
Is there any specific theme that fits the bill without inserting any (or much) custom JS code? Maybe the following themes could be suited for the task:
I have no experience with these so I do not know if they are flexible enough to adapt to this usage. Maybe they all are, but having never used any Hugo theme other than Academic (which is probably not suited for this) I do not know!
Thanks in advance for any hint.