I built up my website xlateral.ch over the last two years. A multilingual configuration with only the first language activated. It’s done with Hugo and UiKit.
So I got:
xlateral.ch/ (lang independent files) xlateral.ch/de (active de content) xlateral.ch/en (empty)
Now I do a refactoring and bring it to xlateral.com. I will make a translation to en in next months or so.
Here is my question to sitemap and sitemapindex in this setting.
Q: At the moment I set disableLanguages = [“en”] then my output is going flat to the root. When I strip ‘disableLanguages = [“en”]’ away then I get the layout above back.
I would like to see always and stable:
xlateral.ch/ (lang independent files)
xlateral.ch/de (active de content)
And after translation the additional “xlateral.ch/en”
– Here my config.toml (language parts) –
disableLanguages = ["en"] DefaultContentLanguage = "de" DefaultContentLanguageInSubdir = "true" [languages] [Languages.de] languageName = "De" languageCode = "de" contentDir = "content/de" weight = 1 [Languages.en] languageName = "En" languageCode = "en" contentDir = "content/en" weight = 2 [languages.en.params] description = "xxx en"
I tried many combinations. So if someone has an experience it would be really helpful!