Error on build

Hi, I am getting this error & wondered if anyone knows the solution. My theme comes with different language options (English, French, Spanish)

DHC on  master [?] took 3s ❯ hugo serve
WARN  deprecated: config: languages.en.home: custom params on the language top level was deprecated in Hugo v0.112.0 and will be removed in a future release. Put the value below [languages.en.params]. See https://gohugo.io/content-management/multilingual/#changes-in-hugo-01120
Watching for changes in /home/marcus/Websites/DHC/{archetypes,content,data,i18n,static,themes}
Watching for config changes in /home/marcus/Websites/DHC/config.toml
Start building sites … 
hugo v0.121.2+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=unknown VendorInfo=nixpkgs

ERROR failed to load data: failed to load data: "/home/marcus/Websites/DHC/data/en/.git/HEAD:1:1": unmarshal of format "" is not supported
Built in 81 ms
Error: error building site: failed to load data: failed to load data: "/home/marcus/Websites/DHC/data/en/.git/HEAD:1:1": unmarshal of format "" is not supported

I have no idea why you would have a git repo inside of the data directory, but it can’t be there.

The only file types allowed in the data directory (or any of its subdirectories) are TOML, YAML, JSON, and XML.

lol oops my bad thank you Jm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.