Android App to share links to my Hugo git repository

Hi,

Does anybody know of an Android App that enables you in the browser to share the current link as a new blog post of my Hugo git repository.

I recently did switch from EP and I used the Android WordPress App to post interesting links to my blog. The App did provide the ability to share a link in Chrome with the “Share…” functionality.

Has anybody written a App that already does the same for a git server hosting my Hugo repository?

Or do I need to write this small App myself?

With kind regards
Thomas

1 Like

Hi, I did hack something together, seems to work, but needs a lot of more work.
Feel free to have a look and PRs are welcome!

Where can I find a hugo logo file and what license is it under? can I include it in my little app?

IANAL, but the Hugo repository itself is Apache-licensed. The Apache license doesn’t permit you to use a project’s name or logo without permission:

This License does not grant permission to use the trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the Licensor, except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file.

and the gohugo.io website (and presumably logo) are copyright Steve Francia (@spf13). So presumably you would need to get Steve’s permission first, if he considers the Hugo logo to be his trademark.

As jxf said, you’ll need to ask Steve, according to Steve himself in this topic: https://discuss.gohugo.io/t/hugo-logo-terms-of-use/3422