Wikipedia article about Hugo

Hi! I just created the article about Hugo on wikipedia, which you can check here. It’s really basic, mostly based on what’s written in the Jekyll wikipedia article. That said, I hope to expand the article a little bit, if possible.

I do have a question!

1. Does the Hugo logo have any specific license?

I actually don’t have a blog using Hugo right now (I’m getting used to git :stuck_out_tongue: ), but I hope to be able to deploy my blog in the future. If you have any information not included in the article, please share with me!

Thanks!

I’m afraid it does not, but we should fix that. Currently, you cannot post that on Wikipedia (I assume it needs to be CC BY to get accepted there).

/cc @spf13 about the logo

Thanks for doing the work of writing this. I tried to do it a couple of years ago (I’m admin on the Norwegian (nynorsk) wikipedia), but it was deleted as “not notable”. But that has obviously changed, and I will make sure to translate your article into the two Norwegianl languages.

I’m afraid it does not, but we should fix that. Currently, you cannot post that on Wikipedia (I assume it needs to be CC BY to get accepted there).

Yes, CC-BY would be optimal, but I think you can use other licenses as well. I’ve seen all sorts of license, including GPL, for images. It’s quite confusing to be honest!

Currently the license is copyright myself. I’m not against opening it up further. I’m not against a CC or similar.

@spf13 That would be great. Just to be clear: The copyright is yours even if you license it for others to use. We should, however, have a little discussion about it. The current “non-license” kind of effectively prevents people from creating "Hugo CMS " which I guess we would still want to put some kind of restrictions to?

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Upload/Uploadtext/en-nonfree-logo

Seems to be an argument available that adding a logo is fair use. I am no copyright expert though.