Warning on starting hugo server

I am getting below warning when I start hugo server.

Git Repo where I am getting the warnings: GitHub - jayrp11/mysite

WARN 2022/06/09 16:04:59 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "page": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2022/06/09 16:04:59 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "page": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2022/06/09 16:04:59 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "taxonomy": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2022/06/09 16:04:59 found no layout file for "HTML" for kind "taxonomy": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.

I can see the site is working fine. I am able to see the contents but I am not sure why those errors on console?

I confirmed that these warnings are from p1.md and p2.md files. I am new to hugo and trying to create a page with bit of summary content for each child page. Is better way to achieve?

Add single.html and list.html files in layouts/_default.

Thanks @tut This worked. But can you please let me know why putting this files would make the warning go away. If you can provide reference to documentation that will be great.

See below

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.