Found no layout file for "HTML"

One of my sites that render fine in 0.47.1 and 0.55 throws this warning in 0.55:

WARN 2019/05/31 16:14:35 found no layout file for "HTML" for "section": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2019/05/31 16:14:35 found no layout file for "HTML" for "section": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2019/05/31 16:14:35 found no layout file for "HTML" for "taxonomyTerm": You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.

I have a lot of sections with html templates and a folder “categories” containing “taxonomy.html” and “terms.html”.

Everything looks fine. I have no idea what the warning is about.

Solved by adding templates in _default.

1 Like

@juh2 Add _default to which dir?
$ hugo
Building sites … WARN 2019/07/19 17:42:22 found no layout file for “HTML” for “section”: You should create a template file which matches Hugo Layouts Lookup Rules for this combination.
WARN 2019/07/19 17:42:22 Page’s .Hugo is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. Use the global hugo function.

You should have all the informations you need here: Hugo’s Lookup Order

This problem has not been resolved in linux

What is the problem you are referring to?

The log you posted in that other topic shows Hugo console warnings about missing layouts templates.

These type of warnings show up regardless of OS as far as I know.

Also please have a look at the Requesting Help guidelines. The guidelines are required reading before opening a support ticket.