Trend Micro block hugo.exe - Unauthorized File Encryption

Hello together :slight_smile: ,

I’m new here and this is my first post.

I have some problems with hugo.exe and my Trend Micro Antivir.

I have been working with HUGO for some month. In this time I developed my site with hugo and I only used command “hugo server -D” for starting the server. Trend Micro didn’t block nothing.
Since today, Trend Micro blocks hugo.exe. The only thing I changed, I have used the command “hugo --buildDraft” for the first time. After this, Trend Micro blocked hugo.exe with the message “Unauthorized File Encryption”.

What does “hugo.exe” encrypt? Is there a difference between the command “hugo server -D” and “hugo --buildDraft” in this case?
I can add an exception for hugo.exe to trend micro, but I would like to be sure before.

I hope you can help me. I look forward to hearing from you :slight_smile:

Thank you

Best Regards

Stefan

I’d bring this up with the Trend Micro folks. You put your trust in them, so they should investigate this. In this case it is a either a false positive, or your binary was compromised.

Hugo does a lot of file operations, fast. Most software is so slow, that is suspicious by itself! :slight_smile: I’m not surprised that would be marked as suspicious. But it is likely a false positive.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, Maiki. I will check that with Trend Micro. :wink:

1 Like

Today I had the same problem with Work Laptop (windows 10); and hugo.exe was quarantined by Trend. Bit strange I have been using Trend on this laptop for a month plus now. May be i have to move my work to home laptop now.