Tools/libraries that can drive new Hugo features

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Oooooh, interesting. The Lua interpreter could hypotheticallly serve as a way to add a plugin system to Hugo akin to Jekyll’s Ruby-based plugin system.

Is that what you were maybe thinking @bep?

When this matures, hopefully hugo won’t have to shell out to asciidoctor/asciidoc and I can enjoy blazing fast site builds :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, in most cases these links I post are “interesting and remotely relevant” projects I find on the Go trending list on GitHub (I check that Hugo is there …). But I have looked for a suitable embedded scripting language, and that this is backed by Azure/Microsoft may make it a good candiate. Lua certainly is.

1 Like
1 Like

Among other things this sports css-cut, a PurgeCSS for golang. Hugo Pipes needs it :slight_smile:

I can see it’s been brought up already here.

2 Likes

Thinking about how to replace getJSON and friends. Wondering if we could build an API using resty (or maybe just mimic some of it’s API) to give users more control of the HTTP request. I’ve used resty at work and found it super handy.

{{ $r := data.R.SetAuthToken "FOOOOOOOOOOBAAAAAAAAR!"}}
{{ $r = $r.SetQueryParams (dict "limit" "20" "order" "asc") }}

{{ $r = $r.SetHeader "Accept" "application/json"}}
{{ $user_json := $r.Get $url | unmarshal }}
OR
{{ $user_json := $r.GetJSON $url }}

<< brain dump complete >>

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

With the creation of the antonym of this thread, i.e.

I was reminded of the goboy Nintendo emulator from above. @bep could you elaborate how this emulator fits in the bigger picture of Hugo? I rather expected this library to be posted in the antonym thread :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes