Toha portfolio

So a bit of context here: I am recently trying to develop a personal portfolio using the Toha theme, however, when looking at the site’s documentation and following the authors instructions here however, when trying to run a local server I am getting this error:

Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: render of "home" failed: execute of template failed: template: index.html:39:8: executing "index.html" at <partial "sections/home.html" .>: error calling partial: "/home/matthew/go/src/awesomeProject29/themes/toha/layouts/partials/sections/home.html:29:31": execute of template failed: template: partials/sections/home.html:29:31: executing "partials/sections/home.html" at <$authorImage.Fit>: nil pointer evaluating resource.Resource.Fit

If I am interpreting this correctly the error is stemming from the html file, correct? I am not sure how to address this problem without causing more problems. Which is why I am asking the Hugo Community! I did post this question at the bottom of the Toha’s documentation page, but have not received any feedback from the author yet. For those who are wondering this is my version of Hugo:

hugo v0.83.1+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=unknown
GOOS="linux"
GOARCH="amd64"
GOVERSION="go1.16.3"

Here is my Git Version:
git version 2.31.1

Here are the relevant Repos
Portforlio Repo

I do apologize about only post two links, but if asked I will provide the other two links that are necessary to help out.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

1) Your repository is essentially empty.

2) Have you defined site.Data.author.image as described here:
https://toha-guides.netlify.app/posts/getting-started/prepare-site/#author-information

3) Does the image exist?

Hello jmooring,
thanks for the response. You are correct that my repo is pretty much empty, I wasn’t sure when it would be an appropriate time to push the project to Github. What do you mean if I defined site.Data.author.image? On my author.yaml I pretty much wrote down word for word what the original author wrote on the documentation. Is that what you mean? I haven’t uploaded an image yet. That very well could be the problem.

Then let’s try that first, OK?

Okay, so I managed to upload an image however I am still getting the same error message. I put the image into /resources/_gen/images/ directory. Was that the correct one?

No. The resources directory is a cache. You can safely delete it whenever you wish, and it will be recreated when you build the site.

Put the image in assets/images.

If you have further questions, push your local site to your GitHub repository first.

See https://discourse.gohugo.io/t/requesting-help/9132:

Include a link to the source code repository of your project, because we really need the context of seeing your templates and partials to be able to help you. It is trivial to do a quick git clone on your repo, then run hugo server in your project, to help you out. On the other hand, recreating your code from screenshots, or sort of guessing at it, is not.

If you can’t share your repository for whatever reason, consider creating a dummy repo that you can share, which reproduces the problem you’re experiencing.