Stuck trying to debug error

I’m stuck trying to fix an error, primarily because I can’t figure out where the error is occurring.

I’m getting the following error when I run hugo --debug in the root of my site:

INFO 2018/09/20 15:58:12 found taxonomies: map[string]string{"tag":"tags", "category":"categories"}
DEBUG 2018/09/20 15:58:12 found menu: "shortcuts", in site config
DEBUG 2018/09/20 15:58:12 Render home to "/index.html" with layouts ["page/index.en.html.html" "page/home.en.html.html" "page/list.en.html.html" "page/index.html.html" "page/home.html.html" "page/list.html.html" "page/index.en.html" "page/home.en.html" "page/list.en.html" "page/index.html" "page/home.html" "page/list.html" "index.en.html.html" "home.en.html.html" "list.en.html.html" "index.html.html" "home.html.html" "list.html.html" "index.en.html" "home.en.html" "list.en.html" "index.html" "home.html" "list.html" "_default/index.en.html.html" "_default/home.en.html.html" "_default/list.en.html.html" "_default/index.html.html" "_default/home.html.html" "_default/list.html.html" "_default/index.en.html" "_default/home.en.html" "_default/list.en.html" "_default/index.html" "_default/home.html" "_default/list.html"]
ERROR 2018/09/20 15:58:12 Error while rendering "home" in "": html/template:index.html: "\"" in attribute name: "\">"

My problem is that I’ve looked at index.html but I don’t see anything wrong, and the debug info isn’t precise enough to tell me how to find the content file or the template file in which the error occurs. Without that information, trying to make a fix is just a series of shots in the dark.

If you encountered an error like this, how would you diagnose it?

Post a link to your git repo so that we can help you troubleshoot this.

My hunch is that there is a \ where a / should be, but that’s just a guess.

1 Like

OK, will do.

My guess is that’s a very good guess.