Site displays locallly, but when deployed a couple of things are missing

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone may be able to please point me in the right direction and how to get my issue resolved.

The problem I am having is that when locally testing my site, the theme displays properly, but when I deploy it, some things are missing on certain parts. Here is the screenshots of page when view using hugo serve locally:

While on akc3n.org/about:
The # symbols are missing and the footer just says return rather then the u shaped arrow like in when displayed in using hugo serve locally.

Where may I read up on that or what would be the proper terminology for this?
Appreciate you taking a look at my question. Thank you kindly.

Repo: github.com/akc3n/akc3ndotorg

Which Hugo version are you using to deploy on Clouflare Pages?

Can you set it to the same version as the one you are using locally and let us know?

Follow the instructions here: https://developers.cloudflare.com/pages/framework-guides/deploy-a-hugo-site#using-a-specific-hugo-version

1 Like

Hi @alexandros,

Thanks for shortening the title and making it look better on my posted question.

Locally I have hugo v0.88.1-5BC54738+extended windows/amd64 BuildDate=2021-09-04T09:39:19Z VendorInfo=gohugoio

EDIT-2:
But as far as cloudpages goes, I’m do not know how to check which version, however, here is the screenshot of the build configuration…?

EDIT-1:

Follow the instructions here: Deploy a Hugo site · Cloudflare Pages docs

Thanks, I’ll check it out now.

EDIT-3:
I added the specific HUGO_VERSION as 0.88.1, saved, and tried refreshing akc3n.org/about but no change.

Make a change to your project, and push the change to GitHub to trigger a rebuild.

Also, if you set disableHugoGeneratorInject = false in site config we’ll be able to see the version used to build the site when viewing source.

1 Like

YAHOO! That solved it! Thank you both @alexandros and @jmooring for this! I really appreciate this so much!

if you set disableHugoGeneratorInject = false in site config we’ll be able to see the version used to build the site when viewing source.

Just pushed it to github, should be deployed by now. This so interesting, thank you for educating me on that!

EDIT: @jmooring out of curiosity, when I press F12 (inspect page/dev tools) on chromium based browser and/or view source page and tried to find it using these terms to search the source code but no luck. Where would we be able to see the version used to build the site please so I can learn?
I tried searching for HUGO_VERSION and version but no luck?

On home page:

<meta name=generator content="Hugo 0.88.1">
1 Like

Ah, gotcha. Thank you so much! That’s so cool!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.