Quotes are split up

Hi,

some time ago I switched from old hugo 0.32 to hugo 0.64
I got my templates working again and was happy.

But now I find that in dozens of pages quotes are split up into several blocks (I format quotes/quotations/citations in boxes by CSS).

Markdown was correct according to what I learned about Markdown (e. g. by reading John Gruber’s spec) - and so far worked.

How can I get correct rendering back?

How do you quote the blocks??

https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#blockquote

or this way

https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax#precode

I used this

> Die falschen Hinweise der französischen IRU:

> Mindestens 550 archive.org URLs wurden von der französischen IRU in der vergangenen Woche fälschlicherweise als terroristische Propaganda identifiziert, einschließlich:

which rendered like this

<blockquote>
<p>Die falschen Hinweise der französischen IRU:</p>

<p>Mindestens 550 archive.org URLs wurden von der französischen IRU in der vergangenen Woche fälschlicherweise als terroristische Propaganda identifiziert, einschließlich:</p>
</blockquote>

but now renders like this:

<blockquote>
<p>Die falschen Hinweise der französischen IRU:</p>
</blockquote>
<blockquote>
<p>Mindestens 550 archive.org URLs wurden von der französischen IRU in der vergangenen Woche fälschlicherweise als terroristische Propaganda identifiziert, einschließlich:</p>
</blockquote>

The way it is currently rendering is correct per the CommonMark specifications. Try it here.

Earlier versions of Hugo used a markdown renderer that was not compliant with the CommonMark specification.

1 Like

If I set

[markup]
  defaultMarkdownHandler = "blackFriday"

all is well again - but BlackFriday seems to be deprecated :frowning: - at least I read something like that yesterday evening.

So that means I have to re-edit dozens of pages?
:frowning:

Unless you are very confident in your grep/sed/awk skills, then I’m afraid the answer is yes, you will have edit your content manually.