[Quickstart] Content not displayed when site deployed

Following the Quickstart Guide, I can generate a website that works great on the local hugo server. However, when I copy the contents of the /public folder to my web server, the website does not display the single post I created or the banner image included in the theme.

One thing I notice is that the /public folder does not contain an .html file for the single post I created:

├── 404.html
├── categories
│   ├── index.html
│   └── index.xml
├── dist
│   ├── css
│   │   └── app.ab4b67a3ea25990fa8279f3b7ef08b61.css
│   └── js
│       └── app.3fc0f988d21662902933.js
├── images
│   └── gohugo-default-sample-hero-image.jpg
├── index.html
├── index.xml
├── sitemap.xml
└── tags
    ├── index.html
    └── index.xml

Thank you in advance!

We can’t see the output of your site and know what happened, we need to see the code you are working with. Please review Requesting Help and follow the suggestions there.

There are many common errors when deploying a site. Your config file will need to be correct for your deployed environment (make sure the baseURL is set). Also, if your post didn’t render in public, is draft = true in front matter?

There are other things to check, so please search for common errors such as yours in the forums, or share the templates for your site. :slight_smile:

You nailed it. Setting baseURL for the deployed site and changing draft = true to draft = false in the frontmatter of my first post solved the issues.

Thank you for the prompt and accurate reply and pointing me towards Requesting Help details - I am sure it will be useful :slight_smile: