So I have taken my first steps with Hugo. I must say it is impressive, even if it is a bit daunting still.
After a few hours of tinkering I still can’t understand the following. I apologize profoundly if I am missing something obvious, but if anyone could shed some light on this I would be most grateful.
I have been using the “anatole” theme which has most of the features I want.
Here are my questions:
- I understand how to add new posts. What I am not sure I have understood correctly is how the workflow for adding posts is supposed to be. Is it:
- create the post (hugo new posts/a-good-title.md)
- edit the file in an editor, possibly while running “hugo server -D” to see it change “live”
- When happy, change the “draft = true” to “draft = false”
- run hugo (without arguments) to create the public directory
- publish that public directory to a webroot somewhere
- I don’t know if this is a “anatole”-theme specific thing, but in the demo-page for anatole, each post has the date and “One minute read” (or similar) on top. In my installation I have neither. I’d really like to have both. By god have I tried to understand how to get that there like on the demo-page, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere.
All in all, Hugo seems really nice. A bit daunting still, but I hope I can get the hang of it soon.