Published Date & Updated Date in Blog not Working

Hello, this is my website: javierngkh.rbind.io

It is hosted on netlify.

My github is here: github.com/remembrance1/javierngkh and the issue I am facing is on the posts page.

I’m trying to get my date to display the date i’ve set in the code, instead of showing when I last updated it. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Hi, if I’m understanding your question then you need to set enableGitInfo to true in your config file

Hi zwbetz, thanks for helping me! Unfortunately, it does not work. If you refer to this link, you’ll notice that my date is set way before today’s date.: https://github.com/remembrance1/javierngkh/blob/master/content/post/2018-12-08-things-you-learn-when-you-re-done-with-27/index.Rmd

I’m trying to backdate my posts but somehow, it works on my local machine. But when I push the changes onto the netlify server, it reverts back to today’s date.

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Hmm. I notice you have HUGO_ENABLEGITINFO set in your netlify.toml file. Try setting it to true instead of "true"

Hmm i’ve done that too. Dang it, its not working :confused:

Maybe I’m misunderstanding your question then. Try setting enableGitInfo to false in your netlify and config file