Issue with blog post dates showing as January 1, 0001

Hey Folks, I think I saw another post about this issue, but I am not familiar enough the the technical details of Hugo yet to understand it. But the issue is that I am using the simple BeautifulHugo theme, and all of my posts are showing up on the main posts page with a published date of January 1, 0001. Is there a variable in the frontmatter or something that I have to set in order for that date to appear correctly?

I have a date variable in my frontmatter which is set correctly. Here is a picture of what the problem value looks like on the blog.

Selection_006

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

UPDATED
Here is a copy of the config.toml file in case it helps with identifying the problem.

baseURL = "https://myblog.gitlab.io/my-blog"
languageCode = "en-us"
title = "Cool Stuff"
theme = "beautifulhugo"

pygmentsCodeFences = true
pygmentsUseClasses = true

[markup.asciidocext]
    extensions = ["asciidoctor-html5s",
                  "asciidoctor-diagram",
                  "asciidoctor-bibtex"] 
    workingFolderCurrent = true
    trace = true
    [markup.asciidocext.attributes]
        my-base-url = "https://myblog.gitlab.io/my-blog"
        my-attribute-name = "More stuff"
[markup]
    [markup.tableOfContent]
        endLevel = 3
        ordered = false
        startLevel = 2

[taxonomies]
  author = "authors"
  tag = "tags"
  category = "categories"

[params]
  dateFormat = "Jan 2, 2006"

Maybe? Not enough info.

It seems the theme has everything covered, from missing date (“IsZero”) to last mod, so… don’t really know.

@sephore thanks so much for the suggestion. Yes, I have the dateFormat setting set in the config.toml file, just as in the example. I can update the original post with the full config.toml, as it is not very big. Would have been nice if it was that simple :). Not sure what the issue is. But thanks again for helping me debug.

Right, just found and cloned the repo. For example:

date: 2020-09-06T00:22:14-04:00 //

Removing the "//" should solve the problem.

Oh man, it was that simple eh. I don’t even know how that // got in there. But this did work. Thanks so much for you help on this. I just figured that was part of the frontmatter template.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.