Page with structured data

I want to create a page that lists default ports, usernames, and passwords for IP cameras. Is there a good way to structure a table like this in Hugo? It’s a table that will be evolving as more and more cameras are added.

I could imagine that it might it might be useful to useful to use Taxonomies to keep things ordered alphabetically for instance.

Or is it better to just create a big markdown table and keep it sorted by hand?

If I had the data structured, I could create automatically pages for specific manufacturers for instance.

I expect I’ll end up with hundreds of camera models, so it seems like it makes sense to think about this a little bit. Suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,
Adam

PS It looks like blackfriday markdown tables don’t work on discuss.hugo.io

Make Model Username Password IP Port
Foscam FI123 admin 1234 128.0.0.1 81

I would definitely recommend looking more into the docs before anything else.

That said, I’m currently working on porting over a theme I built for an internal-only site for my team at work that might have the feature you’re looking for:

Here is the theme so far.

Check out the docs, which will show a sample of how the theme includes a sortable list (table) shortcode that pulls from any published CSV (I use Google sheets in the examples).

Here is the relevant source:

I don’t find markdown tables that convenient when you get into a very long list of tabular data. This should get your pretty far. Steal at will.

HTH.

2 Likes