Non-deterministic output for homepage: either terms.html, either index.html

Hello everyone,

I’m at a loss as to what to do, so I’m submitting this here for your input. My issue is quite simple to explain: when compiling my site using the hugo command, most of the time (75%), the terms.html page (which lists the tags) is generated as the home page, which is not the expected output. The rest of the time, the index.html file shows up as expected. What can cause this non-deterministic behavior?

I noticed that the problem never appeared in the dev environment (command hugo server): the index.html page gets rendered every time as expected.

To reproduce the issue, please clone my repository using git clone --recurse-submodules git@github.com:thomas-bouvier/portfolio.git, run the command hugo a few times and you should see the two different outputs.

Site: GitHub - thomas-bouvier/portfolio: Portfolio built with HTML & CSS with Sass atop Hugo
Theme: GitHub - thomas-bouvier/gohugo-theme-otomo: Otomo: A theme for Hugo Sites

I’m using hugo v0.89.3+extended linux/amd64 BuildDate=2021-11-15T14:48:43Z.

Many thanks for your help.

No.

[taxonomies]
  tag = "tags"
  category = ""

If you want to disable the category taxonomy:

[taxonomies]
  tag = "tags"

That solved the issue. Many thanks @jmooring!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.