The docs contains already a section about blog posts for different aspects for Hugo (press & articles) and another containing showcases of websites that are built with our favorite static site generator.
But with the time this forum highlighted some interesting projects around Hugo. Wouldn’t it be great to make them more accessible to Hugo users and newcomers by creating a new section in the docs?
I’ve created a small list of things that have come to my mind:
- enwrite - write your blog posts via evernote
- blogimport - import your articles from Blogger
- drupal2hugo - convert drupal sites to Hugo
- wordpress-to-hugo-exporter - migration tool for wordpress users
- octohug - migrate from octopress
- JekyllToHugo or ConvertToHugo to migrate posts from Jekyll to Hugo. Those could be an extension to the existing guide in the docs
- hugo-gallery - create an image gallery for Hugo sites
- Implementing a search (Github Gist) by generating an index with the help of Grunt and lunr.js
- Alternatively use HugoIdx to create a search index. It is implemented with the help of Bleve
- And lastly a web-based frontend for Hugo called Rango. This would be a nice proof-of-concept for related discussions about GUI’s and a web-based editor
It would be nice to hear some feedback. Feel free to make suggestions for new entries to extend the list.
Sidenote: I don’t have used most of these projects. The list might contain projects that are not maintained anymore or seem broken. It’s just a quick collection of tools I’ve found.