New RSS feed having odd caching issue and not finding pages

My main RSS feed just contains the summary which is what I want. But I also want a second RSS feed with full entries.

I began by adding /content/ I used this front matter:


I then built layouts/_default/rssfull.xml. I started by simply copying index.rss.xml.

The first problem involves caching. While running hugo, I can go to localhost:1313/rss_full/index.xml and see the XML load up. I’ve tweaked the title from the original RSS template and it clearly shows the new title. However, when I edit the file and reload, I’m not seeing my change. If I kill hugo and restart it, it works fine.

Secondly, is there any reason why this is not finding any entries?

    {{ range first 10 (where .Data.Pages.ByDate.Reverse "Section" "post")}}

Run hugo server with the flag --disableFastRender

Regarding your second question it’s difficult to say what’s going on without seeing the repo.

Using --disableFastRnder gives an error saying it isn’t a known flag.

Sorry - I forgot to add serve. I’ll get back to you in a second on the other part.

Ok, that definitely worked. So as to the second part - here is the repo: is in content, and rssfull.xml is in layouts/_default.

Your /content/ folder contains something like 5,980 files. :scream:

I cannot have a look into it I’m afraid. Running hugo server takes forever with my humble setup.

Maybe someone else with beefier hardware can have a look.

Oh look at my config_dev.toml file. That’s how I test locally. :wink:

So, if this is a layout in /content/

Then rss_full is a regular page and .Data.Pages will be empty.

  {{ range first 10 (where .Site.RegularPages.ByDate.Reverse "Section" "post")}}

Should give you entries.


Perfect - thank you!