Little confused how content works for the _default.lists

I’m trying to structure my .md files by category directories. Does this give me a way to sort my content by directory on the list page?

Also how do I set up my image folders for content?

The question is a little broad, do you have a specific set of tasks that you want to do so that it’s easier to help you out?

In general, when a template is applied, you have access to the page variables of the page that it’s being rendered, such as .Pages and Sections, both of which you can range to get the .Title and .RelPermalink of each page in the collection.

For example, this could go in your content/_default/list.html:

{{range .Pages}}
<a href="{{.RelPermalink}}">
    {{.Title}}
</a>
{{end}}

When you have a slice (or any collection) you can filter and sort using the functions where and sort respectively.

Was this close to what you needed?

Sorry, I mean when I am creating my .md files (I’m batching out products in python to create the file) I want to put them into a directory (different product types) from there I want to be able to have items be displayed from a drop down FROM the directory of .md files.

On top of that, I’m exporting all my images into a images/products folder is this the proper place to get page images?

If this is still confusing let me know.

To be honest, I still don’t quite get it. A minimal repo would be ideal, but let me try to see if I get it.

From what I understand, you have a directory that looks like this:

├───content
    │   _index.md
    │
    └───products
        bicicle1.md
        bicicle2.md
        bicicle3.md
        car1.md
        car2.md
        car3.md
        motorcycle2.md
        motorcycle3.md
        motorcycles1.md
        _index.md

And you want to generate a file (public/products/index.html) that has a list of all the products, like this one (I use list tags, but if you want a dropdown menu you’d need the select tag)

<ol>
    <li>products\bicicle1.md</li>
    <li>products\bicicle2.md</li>
    <li>products\bicicle3.md</li>
    <li>products\car1.md</li>
    <li>products\car2.md</li>
    <li>products\car3.md</li>
    <li>products\motorcycle2.md</li>
    <li>products\motorcycle3.md</li>
    <li>products\motorcycles1.md</li>
</ol>

Am I getting close?

About the images, I don’t have much experience. The easiest thing is to put them under static (/static/images/products) because that just copies the folder images/products straight to the output folder (/public)** . But there are more advanced techniques, even with some image processing. Maybe someone else can help you with that?