Issue with my structure?

So I’m building my site and all is going well. I have come to a problem which I can’t seem to resolve with how I want.

I have a page, let’s call it /employees which uses a data file to populate employees, it serves an image, their name and location they cover. This works fine.

On the /employees page I am linking through to individual profiles for each employee. I want to structure these under locations (/employees/location/employeename)

I can get this working, but to do so I have to change the index.md in /employees to _index.md (list file) which obviously goes against what I want to do.

My gut feeling is I need to drop the data file, and somehow make a double list (/employees, /employees/location) which doesnt bother me but I need the lists from /locations to all render into /employees)

Hopefully this makes sense - if I don’t have the _index.md then I get 404 errors on the /employees/location and /employees/location/employeename

thanks
Scott

If you want nested pages that are navigable, you will have to use _index.md, otherwise the nested md files will just be treated as page resources. Why does this go against what you want to do?

You will probably get better help by sharing a link to your site code repo. Have a read about Requesting Help .

I would use taxonomies

set location = loco in frontmatter of every employe and use taxonomy list pages …