Hi – I have a large number of HTML pages that I’d like to incorporate into a Hugo site with minimal changes. Any advice?
- This is part of a research project. The raw HTML is generated by programs – lots of tables, etc. I’d like to incorporate it into a Hugo site so it’s easier to author the explanations for what everything means.
- It’s really convenient for the output of the programs to work independently of Hugo (eg links referring to other pages, etc). I want to review the output of the programs without having to fire up Hugo.
- When it’s incorporated into the Hugo site, it would be nice for the theme to be applied.
- It’s not a big deal to modify the programs to put Hugo’s front-matter at the beginning of each HTML file (in comments, which thankfully is OK with Hugo).
What I’ve done so far:
- Put the Hugo front-matter in an HTML file.
- Changed the name from X.html to X.md (I’d rather not)
- Moved it to the appropriate place in the Hugo site
Issues that need to be resolved:
- Links between the HTML pages no longer work.
- Work out interactions between the HTML file’s section and Hugo.
That’s all I’ve noticed so far. Anything else I should anticipate? Of that list, it’s the links that have me stumped.